The Continue Project is an open community of developers, engineers, and technologists who
recognize the importance of mental health in our lives and
support each other with resources and space for discussion as colleagues and friends.
We want this to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Please keep what’s said in any Continue Project discussion channel confidential. Don’t repeat or quote things said here without the affirmative consent of the speaker(s). This is a place for discussion of private, sensitive matters.
Please be mindful that things you say here may at some point become public despite our best efforts. While we expect members to honor the confidentiality of this space, we cannot guarantee that they will do so. Please exercise caution and refrain from sharing sensitive information that could harm you or others if it became public without considering this risk.
We implement a zero-tolerance approach to harrassment in the Continue Project community.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Simulated physical contact (e.g. textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the admins. They’ll respond as promptly as they can.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from any and all communication channels and identifying the participant publicly as someone about whom we’ve received complaints.
Credits and License
This code of conduct is based on Annalee Flower Horne’s Sample Slack Code of Conduct, which is in turn based on Geek Feminism’s Community Anti-Harassment Policy. We have adapted the Sample Slack Code of Conduct for our own use under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License.
cffc84b @ 2020-10-13